Sunday, January 17, 2010

So thankful to be busy!

Wow, what a week! Meetings, meetings and more meetings, but I am happy to say A LOT was accomplished! I scoped out venues and vendors for a September wedding, worked on details for a May wedding, assured my July MOB (mother of the bride) that the bride would be saying "Neillie, Neillie, Neillie"....instead of "Momma, Momma, Momma," gathered supplies for a Dessert Party and began the planning process for an unbelievably urban engagement party.

I have to say, I have enjoyed the last two hours on the sofa with Pizza, Chambers (my precious Wheaten Terrier), Tom and DVR, but now it is time to get back to work.....

Inside my mind this week you will find.......

1) Handwritten Calligraphy Invitations....This invitation is done by Laura Hooper. Her work is amazing. Check out her save-the-date maps.

2) Couple's Monogram.....Very cool idea to truly make your wedding your own!



3) Cupcake toppers for a prince and princess party....Etsy.com here I come.



4) Pink Bubble Gum arrangement for a 18 year-old's dessert birthday party

5) Yes...I am not kidding...possibly a port-a-potty. Don't worry, by the time the event comes around, you will not even know it is a potty. Just the right decor (and maybe a few drinks) and the men will think this is just another restroom.

6) A carb heavy/meat heavy hors d'oeuvres

7) A florist that that will create simple/elegant arrangements for a good price. Okay..so the arrangements I need made are far more simple than this bouquet, I promise. This is the color we are using so I wanted to put it out here.

8) Hotel room blocks in two cities. It is a huge hassle to deal with sales managers at various hotels. Pat Rice will take the stress out of it for you!

9) Wine with Arden from Arden Photography to discuss the world of weddings.


10) Last but not least....Advertising for Gather!

Happy Planning!
-NB