Monday, March 8, 2010

Gather's First Event At Architectural Heritage

I am so excited to report that Gather's first event at Architectural Heritage was a raging success! I would love to say that it was the many hours of planning that went into it, but that is not entirely the truth. I had plenty of help from the amazing hosts who like to put on a party as much as I do!

Along with the great hosts, there were others that made this engagement party an extraordinary event for the bride and groom!


Roy Morton and his co-workers at Architectural Heritage - Venue
Cafe Dupont - Food
Alex and Warren with A.G. Lighting - Lighting
Tables, Chairs and Pipe/Drape
BBJ Linen - Linen
Razzle Dazzle Creative Design - Invitation



We pulled the colors from the invitations for the lighting -the building was covered with purple and turquoise lighting.


I was a little worried about the flowers given that my entire flower order did not come in due to bad weather. This was a last minute creative project. I am so grateful for my friend Martie Duncan with Martie Knows Parties. She came to the rescue with flower advice and tips.


Simple, but elegant centerpieces.



This was one of the 3 food tables. One of the fun perks about using AH for your venue is that centerpieces are already in place when you arrive (These statues weigh more than me and were not going anywhere. I am so glad I happened to love them!)



We cleared out a portion of the store and created a catering kitchen for Cafe Dupont. The pipe and drape kept guests from knowing the chefs were even there.




The food was out of this world! Cafe Dupont outdid themselves as usual. If they can pull this off without a kitchen, just imagine what they can do at your home. Don't forget to hire them for your next event.



We set up 6 ft. tables inside the store for dinner.


Since there is only one bathroom at AH, we rented a port-a-potty for the guys. I will say, I only saw 2 people use it all night. I couldn't bare the fact that guests were going to see a blue potty at the party, so I bought a drop cloth from Home Depot and draped it.




Happy Planning!

-NB