Monday, June 14, 2010

Gather Wedding: Fawn and Collin

Fawn and Collin were engaged in December of 2009, but did not decide to start planning their wedding until a few months later. I was thrilled to take on the task of planning their Birmingham wedding while the couple concentrated on studies and work in Washington D.C.


The couple's dream was to be married at The Cathedral Church of The Advent. Neither being members, I was happy to make a simple call to the church I have called home all of my life to see what we could do. Not thinking there would be an open Saturday in such a sort amount of time, I crossed my fingers and was thrilled to accept the only date available...May 29, 2010.


With only three months to plan and a bride living hundreds of miles away, we pulled together a team of incredible vendors:

Hannahelanine Photography (Nashville)

Rush Videos

Scott Wedgeworth

Emily Holmes Custom Stationary (Nashville)

Ryan Morrison, bagpiper

The Cantina









When I asked Fawn what she wanted to do for a wedding cake, she said she wanted to make peanut butter pies. I thought we would eventually order a wedding cake....how can a bride have time to make pies for 150 guests and still have time to walk down the aisle?

What can I say, Fawn is pretty awesome and pies were the hit of the night!!



As if the pies were not enough, Fawn also made 300 of Collin's favorite chocolate chip cookies.
Collin is one lucky man! The pies and cookies were incredible!


Thank you Fawn and Collin for letting me be a part of your big day! Your wedding was perfect and I loved planning every minute of it!




Happy Planning!
-NB