Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dessert Party

I have a client that is turning 18 in January and she wants a birthday party that both her guy friends and girl friends will enjoy. During our consultation meeting I had her tell me what she liked to do on the weekends, what her favorite things were and if she could have anything at her party, what would it be...and this is what we came up with:

Theme: Dessert Party
Colors: Pink, Gray and White
Time: 8PM-10PM
Location: Client's Home
Ideas: See Below

Yogurt Mountain has become the new hangout for teenagers from all the surrounding areas. If you have been on a Sunday night, you will know what I am talking about. My thought is to bring the concept of Yogurt Mountain to the party while adding a few additional twists.














Tom and I were out running errands for an event I have this weekend and came across a huge S'more making kit (of course we bought two for the girls...we LOVE S'mores at our house). This kit was so cute that it got me thinking about the favors for the dessert party.

I think it would be fun to put a few marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate bars in a cellophane bag and hand one to each guest as they leave.


Below is a picture what I am talking about....I found this on a really neat blog I can not wait to start reading...www.giverslog.com




I think this "sugar and spice" favor is pretty cute as well!
Given that Amy Atlas is the Dessert Bar Queen, a few of the photos were found on her blog and a few were found on Kara's Party Ideas.

Happy Planning!
-NB