Monday, November 30, 2009

MBHS 10 Year Reunion!

The 1999 MBHS Class Officers contacted me this summer and asked me to help them plan their upcoming reunion. Given that is was my graduating class, there was a little pressure to make sure the event was a blast for everyone involved.



After 5 months of hard work, the reunion went off without a hitch and everyone had a great time!!

I chose Workplay for the venue due to the size of the room and how AWESOME they are to work with! Lorriane is the event coordinator for Workplay and she goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure your event is exactly as you want it. If you are looking for a large venue, be sure to consider Workplay.


The entire ceiling was draped with white fabric and the green up-lighting added a green glow to the room. The biggest hit was the slide show that played throughout the night.


I made the centerpieces with greenery I picked up from Davis Wholesale Florist. I thought we needed a little more light on the tables, so I submerged the greenery in water and floated a candle on the top. My goal was to spend less than $100 on 10 centerpieces and I came in at $94.30.



This is an easy centerpiece to do with just about any type of flower....try it for your next event!




The Koozies were a nice addition that were donated by EBSCO Creative Concepts. Everyone loves a little something to take home!






We set up a voting station for guests to vote classmates for certain categories.



1. Classmate with the most children



2. Classmate with the most interesting job



3. Classmate that will most likely not attend the next reunion


We had 10 different categories and announced the winners at the end. The prizes were gag gifts that gave the crowd a good laugh.





Instead of having the class officers work the registration table the entire night, Lane Turley's parents volunteered to help out! This worked out perfectly!!! They were able to check people in, hand out name tags and collect last minute checks at the door.






I color copied the senior pictures out of the year book to make the name tags. I had the spouses/guests of our classmates not only write their name, but also write who they were attending the reunion with. This helped include everyone in conversation!


NAME:______________________

SPOUSE/GUEST OF:____________




Planning a class reunion is HUGE undertaking! The class officers did an amazing job of contacting the entire class and making sure money was collected. I was so happy to be a part of the planning process!



Happy Planning!

-NB